Changing the face of housing delivery through off-site manufacture
CHIC’s BuildSmart model puts you in the lead in tackling the UK’s housing shortage with an all-in-one, collaborative approach to off-site manufacture and development of new homes. It enables a step-change in housing delivery through innovative, factory built standard home types, coordinated materials supply and greater efficiency during the build period.
Build more homes, faster and cheaper
BuildSmart offers EU-compliant contracts and frameworks for volumetric, frame/ panel and traditionally constructed homes. Standard designs and documentation work with CHIC’s existing, proven materials supply chain to drive down the cost of new homes, whilst improving the speed of delivery and quality standards at handover.
This approach gives you a clear picture of whole life costs and costs in use, to drive improvements to future designs and specifications. It’s good for the environment too, by creating low-carbon homes and reducing waste in the production process.
BuildSmart also addresses construction industry skills shortages by promoting effective training and personal development programmes, including more jobs and training opportunities for people from disadvantaged communities.
- Long-term supply contracts with each of a frame/ panel and volumetric manufacturer
- A main contractor framework, to manage all types of schemes, including traditional construction
- Consultant frameworks for architects, client representatives and principal designers
- Standard house types and documentation
- A tried and tested materials supply chain
- The chance for CHIC’s members to work together like a volume house builder to target efficiency savings of 15%.
You can also use BuildSmart to procure your own bespoke designs and solutions. It can be flexible to meet our individual requirements. It is easy to access and ensures procurement compliance.