Formed in 2010 as a not for profit organisation, CHIC has grown from a membership of seven founding members to more than 50 landlords, which service over half a million social housing homes across the Midlands, South and South Wales. CHIC is governed by a Board of Directors elected by the members and managed under an agency agreement with ARK Consultancy Ltd.
CHIC was founded and operates to the following objectives:
- Procure and manage contracts for the direct supply of all materials to members and their contractors
- Procure and manage a series of collaborative labour only works and services contracts and frameworks
- Secure minimum cashable savings of 10% for each member, through procurement and delivery efficiencies
- Standardise the members’ approach to investment planning, procurement and contract delivery
- Establish and operate a common cost and quality database
- Promote effective training and personal development programmes for members, contractors and supplier staff
- Grow the consortium in order to increase volumes of work and achieve greater efficiencies.
In 2015, CHIC, became a member of the Reallies Partnership; a strategic collaboration between consortia. As an active member of the Reallies Partnership CHIC invests a portion of its savings into increased employment and skills opportunities for our members’ customers. Please click here to find out more about Re:allies.
CHIC is managed by Ark Consultancy on behalf of its members.